country logo Foreign Missions
of Norway

Visa and Residence Permit Information

Nationals of certain countries need a visa in order to visit Norway. For information regarding a Schengen or visitors visa please visit UDI and our partner VFS Global  

All foreign nationals who are to stay in Norway for more than 90 days must have a residence permit. Foreign nationals who are to work in Norway will in many cases need to have a residence permit, even for stays of less than 90 days. 

You can find more information on visas and residence permits on Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI) 

For inquiries, please e-mail

Honorary Consul Eivind J. Heiberg
Eivind J. Heiberg is Honorary Consul in Minneapolis

Eivind J. Heiberg is the Honorary Consul in Minneapolis