country logo Foreign Missions
of Norway

Visa and Residence Permit Information

header image

Please note that we no longer process visa or residence permit applications at our consulate.

Nationals of certain countries need a visa in order to visit Norway.  For information regarding a Schengen or visitors visa please visit UDI  and our partner VFS Global 

All foreign nationals who are to stay in Norway for more than 90 days must have a residence permit. Foreign nationals who are to work in Norway will in many cases need to have a residence permit, even for stays of less than 90 days.

You can find more information on visas and residence permits on Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI)

For inquiries, please e-mail

Honorary Consul Eivind J. Heiberg
Eivind J. Heiberg is Honorary Consul in Minneapolis

Eivind J. Heiberg is the Honorary Consul in Minneapolis